ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports


Tiger Sports Forum
An open forum for discussing LSU athletics
Register User Options
Site: Forum:


Post New topic Post New Poll Post Reply    

Previous in Thread | Next in Thread | Back to Topics
4 yards per carry - MUTiger91 1/1 11:14 AM (show all)  Views 780
       Re: 4 yards per carry - zellanewton 1/2 4:06 PM
       Re: 4 yards per carry - Friendly Foe 1/2 10:10 AM

Take out the first td run plus the td at beginning of 3rd quarter and redo the yards per carry. Still, I agree w/you in that rushes on 2nd and 3rd down would have killed time even if they got no first down. Anyway, that was payback for 1959 Sugar Bowl, which I well remember. Best wishes to all you Mike like Tigers. BTW, I graduated from LSU Graduate School of Banking and loved my stay at your beautiful campus.
1/2 4:06 PM | IP: Logged


Originally posted by MUTiger91:
LSU averaged about 4 yards per carry (25 carries for 99 yards, NO FUMBLES).

On 2nd and 2 with the lead late in the 4th, why would you do anything but run.  I don't care what running play.  Anything is better than stopping the clock without advancing the ball.  Assuming you aren't going to fumble on that play, there is absolutely no downside to a run and significant potential downsides to a pass.  Even on 3rd down, a run still makes sense based on the stats and situation. 

Sometimes when you try to be too clever the only one you outsmart is yourself.
Nice post--99% of LSU fans agree and the remaining 1% are Miles family
1/2 10:10 AM | IP: Logged
LSU averaged about 4 yards per carry (25 carries for 99 yards, NO FUMBLES).

On 2nd and 2 with the lead late in the 4th, why would you do anything but run.  I don't care what running play.  Anything is better than stopping the clock without advancing the ball.  Assuming you aren't going to fumble on that play, there is absolutely no downside to a run and significant potential downsides to a pass.  Even on 3rd down, a run still makes sense based on the stats and situation. 

Sometimes when you try to be too clever the only one you outsmart is yourself.
1/1 11:14 AM | IP: Logged
Previous in Thread | Next in Thread | Back to Topics


Post New topic Post New Poll Post Reply Page 1

LATEST NEWS




Rivals.com is your source for: College Football | Football Recruiting | College Basketball | Basketball Recruiting | College Baseball | High School | College Merchandise
Site-specific editorial/photos TigerBait.com. All rights reserved. This website is an officially and independently operated source of news and information not affiliated with any school or team.
About | Advertise with Us | Contact | Privacy Policy | About our Ads | Terms of Service | Copyright/IP policy | Yahoo! Sports - NBC Sports Network

Statistical information 2007 STATS LLC All Rights Reserved.